1/27/2014

Walk to Cure Diabetes

 
It's time to pump up the excitement for the 2014 Walk to Cure Diabetes! JDRF holds walks all over the country to benefit the research to not only improve, but CURE type 1 diabetes. This is our first year doing the walk. Our Orlando team is named Benjamins for Miki's Mouseketeers, in homage to my daughter M and my cousin Ben, who passed away at age 17 from T1D complications. I made up the above picture to kick-start my fundraising campaign. This photo, taken less than 2 weeks after her diagnosis, really shows exactly why I am so invested in this. She is pure joy. If you would like to donate, please click on the above link to be directed to our page. Donations are due before June 30, 2014.
 
 
UPDATE: We started out with a goal of $1,000. We ended up with $3,075 as of the walk date. We had a few business associates donate, as well as our wonderful friends and family. Women I went to high school with (and haven't seen in over a decade), as well as my MIL's gardening internet club members all donated. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the emotional and financial support we received for this year's walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment